Busy Times

Okay, so my blogging has decreased in frequency. It seems like my time to update the blog is directly proportional to how content my sons are each day playing alone. Obviously they really like having time with Mommy! :)

Josh is getting ever closer to the end of his Kindergarten year. I'm happy to report that we're promoting him to first grade next year. I need to work with him on his reading this summer, but he's really made a lot of progress this year. When I look back on the work he did at the beginning of the year to now, it's amazing how far he's come. Now if I could just get him to tie his own shoes!

We've also started Upward Basketball at church for Josh this Spring. He plays on a team of other Kindergarten girls and boys. The first game I went to was very surreal for me. Seeing my oldest son in a uniform dribbling the basketball made me so aware that this is probably the first of so many games I'll be watching my sons play. Josh has made great strides in his defense and passing. Dan's coaching the team and it's been both fun and draining for him this season. But I think Josh loves having his dad there every week and Dan's doing a great job!

The twins keep me busy every day. It never ceases to amaze me to much trouble they can get into if I'm not aware of what they are doing every moment! Just this morning, Andrew sprayed bleach on his t-shirt. Fortunately, he missed his face. And this was another moment where I was reminded how many things he can pull off the countertops now. Evan has finally progressed completely to table food, although I'm convinced that his primary food groups are chicken strips, french fries, dry cereal and crackers. Fortunately, he likes the new V-8 fruit/veggie juices so at least I'm getting more than protein and carbs in his system. :) Andrew will try pretty much anything we eat, and likes most of it. As a result, he continues to grow bigger and faster than his twin brother. But they are both healthy and happy little boys, with their own distinct personalities.


This year is flying by and summer is rapidly approaching. We're going to try to schedule swim lessons for all three boys, although not at the same time! Josh has VBS and his 6th birthday next month and the twins are going to try a day camp at church in July. I can only imagine how crazy our life will be in a few more years!


I've included a pictures of the twins at Easter (with their buckets), Evan playing baseball, Andrew putting on Daddy's slipper (and looking like he was caught in the act!) and Josh playing basketball. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment