You'd think that we'd be acclimatized to the weather in Houston by now, but June and the beginning of July have been crazy here. Weeks of absolutely no rain and temperatures in the high nineties or over 100. Our lawn has paid the consequences and it's been too hot to even take the twins to the pool. Praise God that it rained this morning the the temperature still hasn't reached 80 as of 10:30 am. :)
Evan in his continuing quest to stay ahead of Andrew in something, is in the process of breaking 3 new teeth on top. Two more look like they will be coming in soon on the bottom. And the picky eater that he is, Evan has also shown a liking for baby yogurt which is not shared by his brother Andrew, or "he who has never found a food he didn't like". Andrew continues his quest to see how quickly he can get out of my sight and around the house. He tends to find the most miniscule pieces of grass or dirt on the ground to put in his mouth. And this morning I found him with a dirty spackle in his mouth. I wasn't sure if I should be more concerned about him cutting his mouth open or consuming what was on the spackle!
Josh and Dan had a great time on 4th of July going to a fireworks display here in town. Josh ran into a friend from church and they had a big time jumping around and yelling when the fireworks went off over their heads. I enjoyed staying home with the twins who actually went to sleep at their normal 7:00 without any problems. Unfortunately, neighbors lit off their fireworks until 11 pm, keeping up Dan, Josh and I way too late!
Dan and Josh also had a great time going to Boise a couple weeks ago for the wedding of one of Dan's cousins. Josh was able to spend time with his cousin Joya and second cousins around his age as well. All of Dan's family was able to be there so Josh got LOTS of attention and he enjoyed sleeping with Daddy in the hotel room. All of which led to a rough time when he got home for a few days. But he had so much fun and keeps talking about his trip to Boise with Daddy and all the things he was able to do. I'm so glad he was able to have special time with Dan and with family. :)
Here is a cute picture of the twins during bathtime. They have such a good time together and splash and laugh. I always end up getting more wet than I'd planned, but it's so much fun to watch them play together.
I hope y'all are having a great week and enjoying your summertime!
The Dog Days of Summer
Posted by
dkeuhus
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment