Wow! The twins are growing up so fast that my head is spinnig. If nothing else, I need to take more pictures and write down what's happening from day-to-day before I lose track. :)
So in the last two weeks, Andrew has figured out how to move from laying to sitting, how to crawl, and how to pull himself up to standing in his crib. The upside of this new mobility is that the floors are cleaner since you never know what he will try to pick up and put in his mouth. The BIG downside though has been the fact that he sits or stands in his crib now instead of laying down to take a nap. The lack of naps have led to a grumpy Evan who is trying to sleep, lots of crying from Andrew who can't figure out why he's so tired, and a stressed out Mommy who just wants a little peace. Finally, this afternoon he actually fell asleep in less than 30 minutes for the first time this week. God willing this trend will continue tomorrow!
Evan has been content thus far just to watch Andrew and roll himself around the room. He is getting fairly proficient at getting where he wants to go and I know it's only a matter of time before he is imitating his twin brother. One of the funniest things has been watching Evan interact with Andrew. When I sit them on the floor together, Evan's favorite pastime is to pull the pacifier out of Andrew's mouth and chew on it. Keep in mind that Evan doesn't use a pacifier. It's like he just wants to see what all the fuss is about and then watch Andrew try to take it back. The joys of being a twin. :)
One of the other fun things we've done recently is move the babies into the big bathtub for their baths. Now they can sit together and play. They both seem to love the ability to splash each other and they just smile and laugh. I've kept the amount of water to less than 2 inches, so they can also lay on their bellies and move around the tub. The twins liked their baths before, but now they love it! It definitely requires more planning though to get them in and out of the tub at the same time.
We are having so much fun with Evan and Andrew. They are almost 9 months and the time has gone by so fast. Things are more challenging with twins, but I'm so thrilled that they will have each other to play with. They seem to enjoy each other already and love to "talk" back and forth in the cribs. They are truly blessings from God!
For those of you that have been wondering, Josh had Vacation Bible School this week and absolutely loved it! I was a little concerned when Monday morning he told me that "I hate VBS and I'm not going" (he's never been!). But he had a great time with the stories, playing and especially all the music. One of his preschool teachers was his teacher this week and among the 17 kids in his class were 5 that he already knew. We're headed over tonight for the VBS rally at church and he is very excited to take his family and show us what he's been doing. It's been a wonderful experience!
One picture is of the twins playing outside. I just love Evan's expression in this one - "you wanna piece o' me"? And the other is my three boys in their matching shirts. So cute!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment