I'm in the process of weaning the babies right now to strictly formula and solids. And not too soon either as Evan has broken his first tooth (bottom front) and is working hard on the one right next to it. Nothing yet for Andrew which again proves my point that Evan subconsiously knows he's the middle child and knows how he can get attention. :) Fortunately Evan has been incredibly good considering he's teething. Hardly a complaint from him, just a LOT of drooling the last week. At least I now know why!
Weaning has gone well also. Dan laughed at me when I had a brief moment of sadness when I realized that I won't ever nurse a baby again. His response was "well, you could keep going." I'm ready to regain some freedom though around what clothes I'd like to wear and being able to go out on a date with my husband in the evenings without worrying what time we need to be home. I'm so very thankful that God allowed me to nurse not only Josh, but the twins as well. It's been a blessing and a very tender experience.
Another first for the twins has been sitting in a grocery cart (which is a huge help for me in order to go grocery shopping without Dan!) and sitting up (with help) in the baby bathtub. Andrew and Evan are getting so big every day and I can't believe they're almost 8 months. How quickly time flies!
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers for our family. If you think about it, please be praying for Josh this summer as he goes to VBS for the first time in June and prepares to start Kindergarten the end of August. He's so excited to be heading to the "big school" soon and for the neighborhood pools to open this summer. And to think not long ago I was celebrating his first tooth. :)
The pictures are of Josh giving love to Andrew and Evan with a great smile. Love to all of you!
2 comments:
Andrew looks so much like Josh!!! I can't believe how busy your life must be right now! I'm frustrated enough with having one 12 month old crawling around everywhere and getting into everything or whining for me! God bless you and your handsome boys!
Yay - you are using the blog. The kids look like they are having so much fun!
My niece Sydney Grace was delivered safely into the world on March 15th and then Claire followed suit and delivered a 7lb baby boy named Zachary Michael on Odd Day...so it has been a very joyful spring for me.
Thanks for sharing your pictures and hang in there, once they start walking you will need eyes in the back of your head!
Post a Comment