The Big 5 Year Old



Wow! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I can already tell that I'm going to be one of those parents who often tells their child "I remember the day we took you home from the hospital" or some other story from when they were small. But Josh celebrated his 5th birthday this month. We splurged this year and held his party at a local gymnastics place and invited friends from his preschool class and our play group. He had a great time jumping on trampolines, climbing and playing in a foam block pit. We did a Star Wars theme because Josh is SO into Star Wars right now, probably against my better judgment. But what can you do? :)

Dan's parents were in town so we had Uncle Jeff and Grandma and Grandpa at his birthday parties. Yes, we had two parties. On his actual birthday, we just had family, cake and presents. He was probably most thrilled by his Star Wars Ultimate Lightsaber. He loves to go through the house and light it up in the dark and fight the imaginary bad guys. He says that his name is Anakin Skywalker when he's wielding his lightsaber. We are having a hard time convincing him that the Anakin of Star Wars Clone Wars is the same Anakin that becomes Darth Vader later. Of course to those of you reading this that have no idea what I'm talking about, ignorance is bliss!

But those who have boys (or are boys!) know that there is nothing better than fighting back the hordes of evil doers and protecting your family from impending doom. And if you can do it with a lot of light, noise and cool moves, so much the better. :) I'm looking forward to the upcoming days where all three sons have turned my home into a battlefield and I have to be "protected" as I move through the house. The joys of boys!

The two pictures are of Josh on some play equipment at the gym and Josh and his best friend Spencer after consuming cupcakes. Love to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment