First Day of School


















Josh had a great first day of school today! He was very happy to see me and started telling me about what happened during the day, everything from playing on the playground with Spencer, to "rest time" in class, to going to PE. I was worried that the day might be long for him, but he seemed full of energy and excited about what went on. He also made a point of telling me that his teacher was "a very good teacher". :) Josh mentioned that the climbing wall and monkey bars were closed - deemed too dangerous for the Kindergartners to play on. And he made a new friend who had a cool Spiderman lunchbox and backpack. Unfortunately, he can't remember his name!
The twins and I had a pretty good day as well, other than baking in the heat when we went to pick up big brother this afternoon. We ran to the grocery store and to Starbucks. They took a good nap after lunch, although not as long as I was anticipating. And I focused on things I needed to accomplish, primarily MOPS stuff today. There were a few times I found myself getting emotional thinking about my 5-year old starting a new phase in his life. But I kept it together and gloried in the newfound quiet around my house. :)

Now I have a pile of paperwork from school to sort through and fill out. But it was a good day all around. I've included a few pictures we took this morning - me and my three boys getting ready to leave, Josh and Dan in front of his class, and Josh sitting at his table in class. Enjoy!









1 comments:

Misty August 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

goodness gracious, I cannot believe all these little babies are big enough to go to kindergarten. I get emotional just reading about all of yours, and Cara is still 2 years away! Congrats momma, he's a cutie, and I know you and Dan continually spiritually train him in the 'way he should go'!!

Post a Comment